I'm hooome!! I'm only back since a week and I already had to go to college the whole week! At least I don't have to do much homework yet (the perk of missing half a year). So, I figured I could blog about my school girl outfit. I really like briefcases, especially this flowery one. I found it on Etsy a couple months back, but I only received it last November, because it was sent via sea-mail (from Australia). In addition to that, I just got to use it now, as I couldn't take it to England with me. I'm terrible at packing my suitcase, and even though I try so hard, I always have overweight... (and of course I also did this time).
This jacket is one of my favourite things this month! I could wear it every single day (I don't by the way. haha), simply because it's velvet! Oh maybe and a little bit because it's easy to combine and goes with pretty much everything.
I think this outfit is just a simple, basic outfit for normal schooldays. I just realized, that it actually looks a bit like a school uniform... All my life I wanted to go to a school that requires a uniform, but there's not a single uniformed school nearby. When I went to England I was hoping my dream might finally come true. And it didn't. But now I'm kind of glad, to be honest...
Anyways, here's my outfit. Enjoy!
Blouse: MINKPINK / Skirt: American Apparel / Velvet Jacket: from the ebay shop Electric Skinny / Socks: TOPSHOP / Dolly Shoes: TOPSHOP / Briefcase: Vintage Yves Saint Laurent / Phonecase: H&M / Ring: H&M / Nailpolish: Chanel
I had the honor to be nominated twice, by the lovely girls Shahrzad and Chelsea! Thanks ever so much for nominating me and therefore giving me the perfect opportunity to tell you all more about me! Go and check out their blogs!!
Sooo, I must admit, I hadn't known about the "Liebster Award" until I was nominated, but I did a little research before I started writing this post.
The rules are as follows:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the awarding blogger has posted for you
3. Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award and link them in your post
4. Compose 11 questions the nominated bloggers have to answer 5. Let the bloggers know they are nominated
11 random facts about myself
1. I'm absolutely obsessed with TV shows. I love watching them from the beginning till the end, no matter how many seasons there are! The top 5 finished series I finished are the ones listed below. (The shows are not listed in any hierarchy, because to decide which is the best one would've taken me ages!). By the way, right now I'm watching True Blood!
New Girl (not finished, but I've seen all of it and it's too good not to put here!)
2. I'm terrified of fish. No, not sharks. Nope. Normal, harmless, pretty fish. It actually originates from a rather silly misunderstanding. When I was little and went snorkeling for the first time, I could hear myself breathe. But since I was so little, I presumed that it was all those cute, little fish breathing like mad serial killers, and not me through the snorkel. Even though, I know now it was me, I still haven't quite gotten over that shock!
3. When I was 13 years old, my fashion idol was Blair Waldorf. I used to watch Gossip Girl all the time and dress really elegant every day. I have to find photos from that time, because I look quite funny actually!
4. My favourite book is always the last one I've read. I don't know why, I just tend to fall in love with characters easily and when I finish a book I struggle to let go of it and re-read the first couple pages.
5. I wish I was Hermione Granger.
6. The only movie that makes me cry my heart out every single time I watch it, is The Notebook. I love how old-fashioned it is, as it it set in the 1940ies. I pretty much cry throughout the entire movie,but the end makes me cry the most!! In the caption of the picture is a little video for you to watch, which also makes me cry loads.
7. I have a little (nameless) bunny, which I always take with me whenever I travel. The rest of the time it still sits on my nightstand. So far, I took it to every seaside-holiday (that means Greece, Croatia, many many different places in Italy), New York, Lissabon, Paris and, of course, England!
8. Someone I adore: Kurt Cobain! He died too young, but as he quoted Neil Young in his suicide letter "It's better to burn out than to fade away". Nirvana is one of my all-time favourite bands! The album I like best, is either Nevermind or MTV Unplugged in New York. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't like Bleach, or Incesticide or In Utero or whatever! I genuinely love all of them! But, for example, I rather listen to Bleach when I'm angry! And guys, something that makes my blood boil, is when people say they love Nirvana, but only know Smells Like Teen Spirit! Nirvana is sooo much more than that! But whatever, just expressing my love here, not my anger! Here's a picture of my bedroom wall!
9. My number one perfume is Flora by Gucci. I have several other perfumes, like Dior Collections or a Chanel and a Versace one, but Flora will always be my best-loved one! Loooovely
10. My favourite chocolate is Galaxy Caramel chocolate, because I'm a massive caramel fan and I also love the "old" chocolate wrappings (that just means not the plastic ones). I'd love to try a caramel Wonka bar like in the movies, because I only tried the shortbread flavour. I'm not too sure they do caramel. (Feel free to share your knowledge about Wonka bars with me)
11. I need hideously many alarms to get up in the morning. Every. Five. Minutes!!
My questions from Shahrzad:
1. What does being beautiful mean to you?
Of course, being beautiful means not only be perfectly styled. One can be beautiful without any makeup and wearing an old pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I'm not saying I don't like makeup at all, I just think that sometimes being natural is the most beautiful way to go. But that's only my opinion. One more thing, that makes a person beautiful is inside beauty. When they're so happy that it's visible for everyone. Like Yves Saint Laurent once said: "The most beautiful makeup for a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy"
2. What is your holy grail foundation?
I don't use foundation on a daily basis and I only wear makeup on evenings. But when I do, I use my MAC foundation, which I love! When I just go to school, I use my BB-cream by Garnier.
3. When did you start wearing makeup and why?
I first started wearing makeup when I started going out on the weekend, and that was probably when I was about 14 years old.
4. What is your favourite cosmetic brand and why?
My favourite cosmetic brand. That's a tough one! I would probably go for 3 brands (sorry, I'm a terrible decision-maker!). My favourite brand for lipsticks, eyeshadows and nail polishes is Chanel; MAC for makeup, powder, concealer related stuff. And BeneFit for cute bits and pieces.
5. How confident do you feel with no makeup on at all?
On a scale from 1-10 (where 1 is hiding in my bedroom and 10 is I don't care), I would probably say 9. Because I don't feel a big difference when I go out without makeup, I always forget I'm not wearing any about a few minutes, but I like putting on makeup and trying out different lipsticks or eyeshadows.
6. How do you find inspiration for your blog posts?
I usually just see a pair of shoes, a dress or a bag in my wardrobe and think "I like that. I should post something about it!" and then I start building an outfit around it.
7. What beauty trend did you dislike?
Something I really can't stand is bright pink/orange/green/blue or whatever eyeshadow.
8. What is your favourite fashion era?
My favourite fashion era are definitely the 80ies and the 90ies! I wish I had lived back then (and not only as an infant). I'd love to be a rebellious 17-year-old punk/grunge girl.
9. How would you describe your day to day style?
Various. I love blouses and hoodies. Jeans and dresses. Glitter and basics.
10. City life or country living?
Both! When I was younger, I would've said city life no matter what. But I actually love mountains and fields and rivers. And the biggest perk of living on the countryside: You see looads of stars!
11. Where in the world would you most like to visit next?
Paris! I've been there a couple years ago, but I'd looove to go back! It was so lovely!
My questions from Chelsea:
1. If you could be any celebrity for the day, who would you be?
I would probably want to be my favourite fashion blogger: Betty Autier.
2. If your wardrobe could be filled with only one brand of clothing, what brand would you choose?
Oh my god, that's hard! I think Topshop or Nasty Gal. And I choose... Topshop!
3. Do all your friends know about your blog?
Nope, I told some of them, when we were talking about blogs. But I haven't told all of them!
4. What celebrity inspires your fashion sense the most?
5. What do you enjoy most about writing a blog?
I love sharing my thoughts with people. And I love talking, which I think is important when writing a blog, otherwise you might not know what to write about.
6. What were you doing 5 years ago?
When I was 12 years old, I was going to school (like I still do) and I recall making loads embarrassing photos and videos with my best friends!
7. Favourite thing to do in your free time?
Drinking coffee with the people I love and have hour-long conversations.
8. Do you prefer to get all glammed up or be natural and casual?
It depends on my mood, really! When I had a good sleep and feel like it's gonna be a good day, I prefer to wear a dress or a skirt. When I'm sad or just can't be bothered, I wear whatever I find in my wardrobe.
9. If you could be best friends with any blogger, who would you choose?
Definitely Betty (again) from Le Blog De Betty!
10. What item do you not leave the house without?
My bags and pockets are always crammed with loads of different lipbalms. I hate the feeling of chapped lips.
11. What made you choose your blog name?
I just frenchified my real name, because I thought it'd sound better like that.
1. What is your all-time favourite place to go?
2. How would you describe your blog?
3. If you could spend as much as you want on one online shopping side, which one would it be?
4. What is your favourite era in terms of music?
5. Reading or watching TV?
6. Who is your favourite blogger and why?
7.When you go shopping, what do you end up buying every single time?
8. What is your opinion about statement necklaces?
9. Since when do you blog, and what was the main reason you started blogging?
10. Is there any fashion era you would want to revive?
Sooo, first things first: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!
Hope you all started 2014 as great as I have... with a great party! But, let's not revel in nostalgia, let's stick to the present! I'm back in England, even if not for very long anymore (well, until Valentine's) and that means enjoying the last month!
Last week I went to Norwich to meet my lovely second-cousin one last time in England. She's starting a blog aswell and as soon as she has done so, I'll post the link here for you to have a look at!
In my experience, TOPSHOP is always the first shop to go in Norwich, don't really know why. To my great profit the January Sales were still on and even though there were sooooo many things you couldn't ever look at all of them, we still picked out a couple of great things.
I got something to confess, yes I did buy two pairs of shoes. And yes, they are both black. And shiny. And pretty. And yes yes yes, I do love both of them. And well... No, they weren't in sale.
As you can see on the photos, I bought one pair of them in TOPSHOP and the dolly shoes, how most people call them, come from OFFICE. I haven't worn both of them yet, only the dolly ones, and if you're planning on getting them, I only have one piece of advice for you:
DON'T WEAR THEM WITH THIN TIGHTS THE FIRST COUPLE TIMES!
They don't hurt as bad as most other patent leather shoes do, but they weren't comfortable either, if that makes sense. I actually might wear the TOPSHOP ones tomorrow to see how they are. I think they would go perfectly with a dress or high waisted skinny jeans!
On the picture beneath you can see everything I got in TOPSHOP. The already-mentioned shoes, a dark-brown bag, a two-coloured shirt and (I couldn't resist) a flower-hairband.
I found the shirt in the sale section and I'm quite pleased with myself I did, because we didn't look at the sales that close! And it was the last one!! I wasn't sure about the bag at first, I must admit, but now I don't see what the heck I was thinking! I love it!!! It's very thin, so I can't use it for my college books, but I find it perfect for just normal everyday-occasions.
I'm madly in love with the hairband already. It's my definition of perfection. Well that and Alexa Chung. I find flowercrowns look really cool (very tumblr, if you ask me), but i imagine they aren't the most comfortable accessory to wear. And well. It's black! I wouldn't have bought it if it was flower-colour (and by that i mean red or pink or whatever), but black is just perfect.
Of course, we also went to H&M, where I, disappointingly, only bought accessories. But, no room for disappointment, because they're awesome as hell!
I used to love bows 3 years ago a looot, but then I got really fed up with them and now I like them again (yaay). And well, you can never have enough rings! Or phone cases. haha
ZARA was the lucky store for me this time. Everything I bought there was on sale and everything is perfect. I got an amazing silver glitter skirt (try and picture it with a plain black top and heels!!!), which I can't wait to wear as soon as possible! I also picked up a bat-phone case, just because. Who doesn't love bats??? Or batman??? And who wouldn't love to set the batman theme as ringtone and (nananananananananananananananana) .... BATPHONE. I'm crazy about it already! Also, I once stroke a bat and it was so adorable and fluffy that I would have one as a pet if I could.
The bag I found in ZARA is actually quite similar to another one I have (yes, a ZARA one), buuut different! And it was on sale, so don't judge! I don't really know why I bought the rings, because they are a size M and well... I'm not. But rings fall off my fingers all the time anyway!
And last but not least, my 3rd phone case of the day!! I got the Kate Spade case in the Apple Store, but I'm sure they're all also available online somewhere, just dig deep!
But now, enough of me talking talking talking!!!
Ladies and Gentlemen, my haul!
left: OFFICE, right: TOPSHOP
Shoes & Hairband: TOPSHOP / Skirt & Phonecase: ZARA
White & Pink: Kate Spade / Bat: ZARA / Glitter: H&M
Hope you liked my little haul, if you did, maybe you'll pick up something from the above yourself!
If you are have an account on Bloglovin' , make sure you follow me to be up to date!
I wish you a nice Wednesday afternoon (or night or whatever time it may be in your country) and see you soon!